Swedish Hospital's Work Conditioning Program uses a multidisciplinary approach to restore function, promote physical fitness and prepare clients to return to work.
To schedule an appointment, call 773-878-6888.
Beginning with a comprehensive functional capacity evaluation, the specialist will assess functional deficits, dexterity, range-of-motion, strength and reflexes. He/she will also conduct a full anatomical and neurological exam, evaluate pain perception using a standard questionnaire, and determine lifting, carrying, pushing and pulling capacity.
Each treatment plan is individualized and may include any one or more of the following:
- A customized exercise program including stretching, monitored cardiovascular training, resistance training and stabilization exercises
- Work simulation activities using Baltimore Therapeutic Equipment, a state-of-the-art rehabilitation tool that objectively measures job-specific abilities and provides job simulation
- Precise measurements using Biometrics' E-LINK, a computerized evaluation system that determines the client's disability rating for upper extremity usage
- Aquatics therapy in the warm-water therapy pool
- Education on soft tissue healing, the value of exercise, proper posture, body mechanics and re-injury prevention
- Group exercise sessions and weekly meetings
- Job site analysis and suggested modifications
People who can benefit from the Work Conditioning Program are those having:
- Soft tissue injuries
- Resolved surgeries (at least three weeks post-surgery)
- Healed fractures (at least three weeks post-surgery)
- No medical contraindications to activity-based rehabilitation
- Ability to benefit from exercises
To schedule an appointment, call 773-878-6888