Requirements and How to Apply
Applicants should apply to Swedish Hospital's Family Medicine Residency Program through the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS) via U.S. medical schools. Paper and/or email applications will not be accepted.
Information for the Applicant
Our program participates in the NRMP
- All applications must be submitted through ERAS.
- COMLEX Scores (D.O. applicants)
- COMLEX 1 Pass
- COMLEX 2 CE Pass
- USMLE Scores (M.D. or D.O. applicants)
- USMLE 1 Pass
- USMLE 2CK Pass
- USMLE 2CS - status reviewed to confirm eligibility for licensure in the State of Illinois
- ECFMG sponsored J1 visas accepted.
- Our hospital does not directly sponsor any type of visas.
- We prefer one year of training in the US clinic or hospital setting.
- We require three letters of recommendation, in addition to your Dean's letter.
Interviews - Going Virtual!
Upon acceptance of your ERAS application, the residency coordinator will contact you to arrange an interview. You will meet with the program director, several faculty members and residents. We will take you on a tour of our facilities and residency in a virtual format. There will be time to address any questions, comments or concerns you may have.
Interviews will occur on Monday afternoon or Thursday morning. The format is still being finalized but plan for a half day experience.
If you have any questions or need additional information, please contact the Medical Education office at 773-989-3808