Requirements and How to Apply
Applicants should apply to Swedish Hospital's Family Medicine Residency Program through the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS) via U.S. medical schools. Paper and/or email applications will not be accepted.
Information for the Applicant
Our program participates in the NRMP (1159120C1)
- All applications must be submitted through ERAS.
- COMLEX Scores (D.O. applicants)
- COMLEX 1 Pass
- COMLEX 2 CE Pass
- USMLE Scores (M.D. or D.O. applicants)
- USMLE 1 Pass
- USMLE 2CK Pass
- ECFMG sponsored J1 visas accepted.
- Our hospital does not directly sponsor any type of visas.
- One year of training in the US clinic or hospital setting.
- We require three letters of recommendation, in addition to your Dean's letter.
- Graduation from Medical School within three years of application date preferred
Interviews - Going Virtual!
Upon acceptance of your ERAS application, the residency coordinator will contact you to arrange an interview. You will meet with the program director, several faculty members and residents. We will take you on a tour of our facilities and residency in a virtual format. There will be time to address any questions, comments or concerns you may have.
Interviews will occur on Monday Afternoon or Tuesday morning. The format is still being finalized but plan for a half day experience.
Signaling in ERAS
ERAS has undergone many changes this year all of which should help programs and applicants find a 'good fit'. We continue to search for applicants who will help use carry out our mission, reach our AIMs and share similar values. While maintaining our commitment to holistic review, we are eager to accept signals from applicants who are enthusiastic about our program and think we might be a 'good fit' for each other.
Here is a helpful tip sheet
If you have any questions or need additional information, please contact the Medical Education office at 773-989-3808