PLEASE NOTE: We have filled all positions for July 1, 2020. Please refrain from contacting us on this topic as we prioritize our response to the current COVID-19 situation.
Thank you for your interest in Swedish Hospital!
Each month, medical students rotate through the hospital and its affiliated primary care centers with our residents and physicians. Swedish Hospital takes pride in its teaching. We feel that it is important to foster an environment of education within our residency and for our students. While on rotation at Swedish Hospital, the students are required to attend morning report and focused teaching rounds with our attending physicians. Students also participate in noon didactics and monthly conferences, including morbidity and mortality, tumor board, clinical pathology conference and ambulatory care conference.
Medical School Affiliations
Swedish Hospital is a core training site for Midwestern University Chicago College of Osteopathic Medicine, Midwestern University Arizona College of Osteopathic Medicine and St. George’s University of London’s medical program with University of Nicosia. Please find further information on each affiliated school below.
Interested in Doing an Audition Rotation at Swedish Hospital?
Fourth-year out-of-state osteopathic medical students are encouraged to contact our Medical Education Department to set up an audition rotation. The application indicates specific rotations that are open to out-of-state students. Each rotation is treated as an audition with our institution, with full exposure to our residents, program directors and didactics. If you are interested in applying, please fill out the application
Requirements for Rotation
- Must be fourth-year medical student in a Commission on Osteopathic College Accreditation (COCA) approved medical school
- For auditions to the internal medicine residency, students must have a score equal to or greater than 465 in COMLEX 1
Once a rotation is scheduled and approved, the following forms and verifications must be received by the Medical Education Department a minimum of four weeks prior to the scheduled rotation start date.
- Copy of up-to-date immunizations, including annual flu shot for rotations after October 1
- Letter of good standing from medical school, including confirmation of HIPAA training
- Documentation of malpractice/liability insurance in the required amounts of $1 million per occurrence/$3 million aggregate
- Affiliation agreement between SH and the medical school
- CCOM students must arrange auditions via their school coordinators, not through this application process.
- AZCOM students must use the audition application process here.
- Administration fee of $50 for successful applicants, payable by check payable to Swedish Hospital
Attention: Alexis Namoff
5145 N. California Ave.
Chicago, IL 60625
773-878-8200, ext. 1662