Medication Therapy Clinic
At Swedish Covenant Hospital, we know juggling several medications at once can be confusing. That's why we've created a Medication Therapy Management Clinic to help you keep track of when and how to take each medication and ensure that you are using your medical devices properly.
During Your Visit
A specially trained clinical pharmacist will meet with you privately to:
- Review and evaluate your medications
- Teach you about each medicine and how to take them
- Show you how to use your medication devices, such as inhalers and insulin shots
- Coach you as you work toward your health goals, such as decreasing blood pressure and cholesterol
- Recommend less expensive generic equivalent medications
- Answer any questions you may have
Please be sure to bring in all your medication bottles and devices — prescription, over the counter, herbals and vitamins — and any recent lab results.
After Your Visit
You'll receive a Personal Medication Record, which documents all your medications, and a Medication Action Plan, which provides you easy-to-follow medication directions.
The pharmacist may contact your doctor to review findings if needed. A notice of the visit and most current medication list will also be forwarded to all of your physicians.
Appointments are required. To schedule an appointment, please call 773-878-8200, ext. 5380
This service is currently covered by some insurances. Please contact our office for more information about medication co-pays. Special packages are available.
The Medication Therapy Management is located at:
Foster Medical Pavilion Pharmacy (FMP Pharmacy)
5215 N. California Ave., Suite F-102
773-878-8200, ext. 8262
Hours: Wednesdays, 10 a.m. to 3 p.m., by appointment only