Our goal is to return patients to their prior lifestyle and improve quality of life using the latest evidence-based rehabilitation treatment methods and individualized care.
Our Medical Professionals
Your care team may include all or some of the following:
- Physical therapists
- Occupational therapists
- Speech-language pathologists
Staff specialization includes certification/experience in orthopedic and manual therapy, aquatic therapy, dance rehabilitation, running analysis, incontinence and pelvic pain, vestibular rehabilitation, concussion management, lymphedema prevention, certified hand therapy (CHT) and functional capacity evaluations and work conditioning.
Some Conditions We Treat
We excel in helping you recover from:
- Neurological conditions such as stroke, CVA and hemiparesis; head, brain and spinal cord injuries; Parkinson’s disease; ALS; multiple sclerosis and Guillain-Barre syndrome.
- Cancer treatment effects such as radiation and chemotherapy
- Work-related injuries such as repetitive stress injuries in the neck, back, shoulder, elbow, wrist or hand
- Sports-related injuries such as runner’s knee, swimmer’s shoulder and golfer’s elbow
- Post-surgical conditions, including joint replacements and amputations
The Way We Work With You
We believe the best patient outcomes are obtained through one-on-one therapy. After completing your evaluation, our team will work collaboratively to create a personalized, comprehensive care plan designed with your needs in mind to return you to the highest quality of life possible.
Your rehabilitation plan may include a combination of techniques, including:
- Orthopedic manual therapy
- Aquatic therapy
- Lymphedema prevention and education and referrals for lymphedema treatment
- Specialized pelvic floor strengthening for incontinence and pelvic pain
- Vestibular rehabilitation, including Canalith repositioning, balance retraining, visual retraining, education and safety training
- Hand and upper extremity rehabilitation
- Work conditioning
- Personalized, intensive rehabilitation for neurological conditions
Individual sessions are typically 45 minutes in length, with some exceptions for specialty treatments.
Your Therapy Environment
Swedish Hospital’s outpatient rehabilitation is located in Galter LifeCenter, Chicago’s only certified medical fitness center, allowing of full integration of rehabilitation and wellness. We offer many different options for patients wishing to transition to the fitness center, including temporary medical memberships and reduced enrollment fees.
Physical therapy is also offered at our Sauganash Immediate Care Center
For more information, please call 773-878-6888.