Sports Medicine Therapy
From "weekend warrior" to well-conditioned athlete, all levels of athletes run the risk of injury. Physical therapists specializing in sports medicine teach safe and effective techniques to help restore function, promote physical fitness and return sports' enthusiasts to their activities.
To schedule an appointment, call 773-878-6888.
What is Sports Medicine Therapy?
The program is staffed with certified physical therapists with specialized training in sports-related injuries and on-the-field experience and backgrounds as triathletes and marathon runners.
Your physical therapy may include one or more of the following:
- Pain management and inflammation reduction
- Soft tissue and joint mobilization
- A customized exercise program including stretching, monitored cardiovascular training, resistance training and stabilization exercises
- Sport-specific conditioning and biomechanics training
- Education on proper body mechanics and re-injury prevention
- Aquatic therapy in a dedicated warm-water therapy pool
Benefits of Sports Medicine Therapy
Those who can benefit from physical therapy may be experiencing:
- Post-surgical deconditioning
- Sport-specific injuries such as golfer's elbow and runner's knee
- Sprains, strains and other soft tissue injuries
- Tendinitis and tendon injuries
- Cartilage and ligament tears
- Repetitive stress injuries
- Back sprains and strains, disk herniations
- Bio-mechanical injuries
To schedule an appointment, call 773-878-6888