Diabetes Prevention Program
Prediabetes is a condition where your blood sugar is higher than normal, and could lead to diabetes or a heart condition. Healthy habits can help prevent prediabetes from developing into diabetes and incorporating these habits into your lifestyle can cut the risk of diabetes in half. As a team we will learn how to manage stress, exercise realistically, eat a well-balanced plate and so much more. Together we can reach our goals.
What is the Diabetes Prevention Program?
Join us to get a yearlong coach to guide and encourage you. You’ll also receive tools and equipment you need to incorporate these habits into your daily activities!
The free Diabetes Prevention Program offers you:
- Skills and information about how to live a happy and healthy lifestyle
- Cooking demos
- Tools such as yoga mats and resistance bands provided in class
- Group support
- Need childcare? Contact us to learn how we can help
- Transportation vouchers, if needed
How to Qualify
To be eligible for the Diabetes Prevention Program, participants must:
- Be over the age of 18
- Have a BMI >25 (or 23 if Asian American)
- Have one of the following:
- Blood test indicating prediabetes*
- A1c 5.7-6.4% or fasting blood glucose 100-125 mg/dL
- Score of 5 or higher on the prediabetes risk test
*Please reach out to your provider or make an appointment in our Nutrition & Diabetes Center
for an a1c measurement.
How to Join
Classes start in June. Have questions or are interested in enrolling? Provide your information below:
More Resources are Available
Excited about healthy habits and want to get started while you wait for classes to begin? Check out the free classes offered at the Wellness Center.