Diabetes Prevention Program
Prediabetes is a condition where your blood sugar is higher than normal, and could lead to diabetes or a heart condition. Healthy habits can help prevent prediabetes from developing into diabetes and incorporating these habits into your lifestyle can cut the risk of diabetes in half. As a team we will learn how to manage stress, exercise realistically, eat a well-balanced plate and so much more. Together we can reach our goals.
What is the Diabetes Prevention Program?
Join us to get a yearlong coach to guide and encourage you. You’ll also receive tools and equipment you need to incorporate these habits into your daily activities!
The free Diabetes Prevention Program offers you:
- Skills and information about how to live a happy and healthy lifestyle
- Cooking demos
- Tools such as yoga mats and resistance bands provided in class
- Group support
- Need childcare? Contact us to learn how we can help
- Transportation vouchers, if needed
How to Qualify
To be eligible for the Diabetes Prevention Program, participants must:
- Be over the age of 18
- Have a BMI >25 (or 23 if Asian American)
- Have one of the following:
- Blood test indicating prediabetes*
- A1c 5.7-6.4% or fasting blood glucose 100-125 mg/dL
- Score of 5 or higher on the prediabetes risk test
*Please reach out to your provider or make an appointment in our Nutrition & Diabetes Center
for an a1c measurement.
How to Join
The current class is no longer accepting new participants. Please check out our Wellness Center's free offerings; monthly diabetes class, Prep/Shop/Cook series and Veggies for Health classes.
More Resources are Available
Excited about healthy habits and want to get started while you wait for classes to begin? Check out the free classes offered at the Wellness Center.