Clinical psychology focuses on alleviating mental health issues occurring from intellectual, emotional, biological, social, psychological and behavioral factors.
The clinical psychologists at Swedish Hospital are experts in assessing, conducting psychological and neuropsychological testing and treating mental health problems.During your initial appointment, you will meet with one of the clinical psychologists on staff in a private, confidential setting to create a unique treatment plan to address your needs and concerns. We work with you and your medical providers to ensure continuity of care and excellent quality services.
Psychological Conditions Treated
- Personal growth
- Relationship issues
- Eating disorders and food issues
- Weight management
- Pain disorders and pain management/issues
- Stress management
- Cognitive and memory impairment
- Adjustment to medical illness or disability
- Family and social support issues
- Anger management
- Medication compliance
Treatment for mental and physical health problems vary depending on the problems presented and may include:
- Individual and Couples Therapy
- Cognitive Behavioral Strategies
- Coping Skills Development
- Relaxation Training
Swedish Medical Group, Mental Health Services: 773-878-8200, ext. 5300.
Lutheran Social Services Welcoming Center 24-hour answering: 773-561-5809.