Inpatient Hospice Center
Swedish Hospital has partnered with Seasons Hospice & Palliative Care
to open a new inpatient hospice center on our campus, the only center of its kind on the North Side of Chicago.
Seasons Hospice provides a variety of services to help patients overcome any unique challenges they experience in association with their diagnosis, including:
- Symptom management
- Spiritual care programs to meet the needs of patients and loved ones
- Namaste care, which improves quality of life through activities that stimulate the senses, promote relaxation and offer comfort and serenity
- Board-certified music therapists to reduce anxiety and pain while connecting people to some of their happiest memories
- Bereavement services and counseling for family members up to 13 months after death, as needed
The new inpatient center in the Anderson Pavilion offers a comfortable environment where families can visit with their loved ones while Seasons helps to bring their symptoms and pain under control. The center features 10 private rooms and one semi-private room, each furnished and newly renovated with comfortable décor and amenities. Family members and loved ones may visit the center 24/7.
Benefits to Our Patients
Having an inpatient hospice unit at our hospital enables our patients to remain in their community throughout the continuum of their care, and continue their relationships with our staff and physicians. We are pleased to be able to partner with Seasons to provide this valuable service to the greater Chicago area.
Patients may be admitted to the inpatient center for one of the following reasons:
- Agitation requiring medication change
- Uncontrolled pain requiring dosage changes
- Blood transfusions
- Seizures – intractable, requiring observation/medication titration
- Vent weaning
- Wound care – draining, malodorous, needing frequent dressing changes
- Respiratory distress
- Cardiac failure – requiring frequent medication administration
- Bleeding – intractable
- Medication titration or adjustments needing close monitoring
- Intractable nausea, vomiting and/or diarrhea
Seasons Hospice & Palliative Care has been accredited by The Joint Commission in Illinois since 1999.
To learn more, call