Swedish Hospital offers testing for current COVID-19 infection and COVID-19 Antibody Testing
for individuals who have been symptom-free for over 14 days.
IMPORTANT UPDATE: Due to a global shortage of rapid COVID-19 test kits, all patients who are symptomatic or have had a COVID-19 exposure and are asymptomatic will receive a standard PCR COVID test if indicated. These results will typically return within 36-72 hours.
An appointment time is required for both forms of testing.
If you’re unable to get a COVID-19 test at NorthShore, consider other testing options in your community.
Testing at our COVID-19 Clinic will come at no cost to patients. Uninsured will be offered free testing and follow up care will be managed through our financial assistance and charity program.
If you are getting testing at our Immediate Care Centers and....
- You are experiencing symptoms of COVID-19, your test will be provided at no charge (per the CARES Act).
- You are asymptomatic, the testing fee ($165) will be sent to your insurance provider for consideration of payment. Please note: If denied by insurance, the patient is responsible for paying the $165 fee.
Symptoms of COVID-19 include:
Frequently Asked Questions
How Long Will It Take to Get My Results?
Testing results will be available in 36-72 hours. Please do not call for results.
How Will I Learn My Results?
Please refer to your NorthShoreConnect account. If you are positive your primary care provider or a Swedish Hospital provider will call you with your results.
What Happens if I feel Worse?
Call your primary care provider and they will direct you as to what to do next. If your symptoms are severe, please call 911.
What Should I Do to Help Myself?
If you Test Positive for COVID-19 – Isolate
Get lots of rest, keep hydrated, wash your hands frequently and avoid public areas. Take acetaminophen for fevers (which is a temperature above 100.3 degree Fahrenheit).
- Stay home for 5 days
- If you have no symptoms or your symptoms are resolving after 5 days you can leave your house
- Continue to wear a mask around others for 5 additional days.
- If you have a fever, continue to stay home until your fever resolves.
If you were exposed to someone with COVID-19 – Quarantine
If you: Have been boosted OR completed the primary series of Pfizer or Moderna vaccine within the last 6 months OR Completed the primary series of J&J vaccine within the last 2 months
- Wear a mask around others for 10 days.
- Test on day 5, if possible.
- If you develop symptoms get a test and stay home.
If you: Completed the primary series of Pfizer or Moderna vaccine over 5 months ago and are not boosted OR completed the primary series of J&J over 2 months ago and are not boosted OR are unvaccinated
- Stay home for 5 days. After that continue to wear a mask around others for 5 additional days.
- If you can’t quarantine you must wear a mask for 10 days.
- Test on day 5 if possible.
- If you develop symptoms get a test and stay home
Are there other costs associated with COVID-19 testing?
Common charges associated with COVID-19 testing include:
- COVID High Throughput Test: $230
- Office Visit: $208-$466
- ER Visit: $793-$1,295
Please contact Financial Services at 773-694-8666 or 855-216-4763 if you have additional questions.