Flu Season: Visitor Restrictions Now in Effect
Due to widespread flu activity and in accordance with the Illinois Department of Public Health, Swedish Covenant Hospital is implementing a temporary visitation restriction policy which includes:
- No visitation by persons under 18.
- Limit of two visitors per patient at any time.
- Request that visitors with acute respiratory illness symptoms (fever, cough, sore throat) not visit. Such visitors should wear a mask if they must visit.
- Limit visits to patients in isolation for influenza to persons who are necessary for patient’s emotional well-being and care.
- Promote compliance with Hand Hygiene and Respiratory Hygiene/Cough Etiquette.
Patient safety is our top priority.
Thank you for your cooperation in preventing the spread of the flu.