World-Class Care at Swedish Covenant Hospital
Swedish Covenant Hospital is Chicago’s leading independent, nonprofit teaching hospital, with 500 board-certified doctors and advanced practice providers from some of the top medical schools and residency/fellowship programs in the country. For more than 130 years, the hospital has continually evolved to offer more than 50 academic-level specialties utilizing the latest, most advanced technology and procedures available. Swedish Covenant Hospital is an award-winning and Magnet®-recognized facility, delivering world-class care with the compassion and attention of a faith-based community organization.
Learn more about Swedish Covenant Hospital in the video below.
Swedish Covenant Hospital is a part of Swedish Covenant Health, a comprehensive health care system providing a wide range of health and wellness services to Chicago's north and northwest sides.
The hospital has served the culturally-diverse residents of Chicago's north and northwest side communities for more than 130 years, providing every individual who enters with a compassionate, personalized experience focused on achieving optimal health.
- Over 500 board-certified primary care physicians and specialists from top medical schools and residency/fellowship programs
- More than 150 providers in the Swedish Covenant Medical Group.
- Practices conveniently placed throughout hospital’s campus and on multiple sites throughout Chicago to make care accessible to our patients, wherever they are
- A partnership with Ann & Robert H. Lurie Children’s Hospital of Chicago provides access to the top-ranked pediatric hospital in the nation, with Lurie Children’s specialists right on campus.
- A telemedicine robot in the ER allows our medical staff to partner with neurologists at Northwestern Memorial Hospital to better treat stroke patients.
- Erie Family Health Center in our Foster Medical Pavilion provides health services for those in need as an Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC) and serves as the clinical training site for Swedish Covenant Hospital's family medicine and internal medicine residency programs.
- Lutheran Social Services of Illinois provides mental health and substance abuse treatment via the Welcoming Center and Project Impact.
Recent Achievements, Awards and Accolades
For more up-to-date information about the hospital, please visit our newsroom