What is a Certified Nurse-Midwife (CNM)?
Swedish Covenant Health's CNM empower women to be involved in their health care through education, communication and a strong relationship. Specializing in pregnancy, childbirth, postpartum and well-woman care—Chicago midwives pride themselves on being your partner through it all.
- Specialists in women's health, normal pregnancy, childbirth and postpartum care.
- Registered advanced practice nurses with specific training in obstetrics and gynecology.
- Certified (accredited) by the American College of Nurse-midwives after passing a thorough board examination.
- Educated professionals who work alongside physicians in a variety of settings, primarily hospitals and clinics.
- Focused on informed consent regarding your health care and catering to your specific needs.
Certified Nurse-Midwives at Swedish Covenant Health
We are proud to support a group practice of nurse-midwives, who work in conjunction with board-certified obstetricians, to provide you with personalized care and education. They see patients in a group office and deliver babies in our state-of-the-art facility, the Family Birthing Center
Our nurse-midwifery group prides itself on developing a partnership with you through a holistic approach to your health and open communication. By treating you as a partner in your health — whether that's the birth of your child or routine women's health care — nurse-midwives foster a supportive and empowering atmosphere.
- Prenatal Care
- Annual exams
- Family planning
- Free pregnancy tests