Patient Price Information
To obtain estimated pricing for a specific service, visit our Financial Service Center (5140 N. California Ave., Galter Medical Pavilion, first floor, 8:30 a.m to 5 p.m., Monday through Friday) or call us at 773-989-3841
. To receive an estimate on common procedures, please use the Cost of Care Estimates Tool
For a general overview of how your healthcare charges may be broken down, the Charge Description Master (CDM), or chargemaster, is a list of items that may be billed to a patient, insurance company or healthcare provider. These prices do not include the charges associated with physician or professional services that are typically billed separately. View Standard Hospital Services Chargemaster
If you wish to use the patient price list information, please know the following:
- In some cases, charges for goods and services will be bundled together to establish the total cost of an encounter.
- If you have insurance coverage, in most cases, the amount actually billed to you will be different, based on the contract between the hospital and your insurance company. The actual amount that you will pay out-of-pocket will depend on the deductibles, copayments and other requirements of your insurance. We encourage you to contact your insurance company to verify the details of your coverage.
- The individual services you need at the time of your visit also determine the amount billed.
- If you do not have insurance, Swedish Hospital provides care to all patients in need of medically necessary services. Emergency care services will be provided to all patients, regardless of the patient’s ability to pay. The Hospital complies with the Illinois Uninsured Patient Discount Act by providing a discount on standard charges to all uninsured patients based on an annually adjusted formula as stated in the Act. The discount amount is applied to the charges after the first $300 for each inpatient or outpatient service. Patient liability per the Act will be the $300 plus the remainder after the discount.
- Swedish Hospital offers financial assistance for necessary medical services to eligible patients with limited financial means.