NorthShoreConnect Patient Portal FAQs
1. Why did you make this change?
We have upgraded our electronic health record (EHR) system and integrated Swedish Hospital with NorthShore University HealthSystem’s EHR. On NorthShoreConnect you can:
- Schedule doctor appointments online anytime
- Request hospital outpatient visits
- View your test results, medical records, and after visit summaries
- Use family access to manage your family's health
- Renew prescriptions
- Pay bills and view balances
- Send a message to your care team
- View discharge summaries and instructions
2. Can I message my doctor through the portal?
You can send messages to your primary care physician through the NorthShoreConnect portal by selecting the provider you want to message.
3. How can I pay my bills?
You can pay your Swedish Medical Group bills through the NorthShoreConnect
To pay Swedish Medical Group doctor’s office visit bills prior to Sept 29, 2020, please visit
or please call the phone number listed on your billing
4. What happens to past visit history, test results and reports from the current portal?
- When you create a NorthShoreConnect account for the first time, previous test results are not immediately available to view in your account.
- The results from the past 2 years are in the new EHR, Epic, but the process of releasing them to NorthShoreConnect does not begin until the patient sets up an account.
- After the patient creates their NSC account, Epic begins releasing the results following the usual timetable.
- Most test results are automatically released within 24 hours but there are some tests which don’t release until 7 days. Please keep in mind that there are tests that do not automatically release to NorthShoreConnect. If there are results a patient needs in their NorthShoreConnect account and they don’t display after a week, please contact your care team to ask for them to be manually released.
- When you create a NorthShoreConnect account for the first time, the allergy/medication/immunization information viewable on your previous portal is not immediately available to view in your NorthShoreConnect account.
- Information from the past 2 years is in the new EHR, Epic, but it will not appear on NorthShoreConnect until it has been reconciled by a clinical team member.
- Reconciling this information only takes place during the patients first appointment in the new system. This will not be added by calling the care team.
Past Visit and appointments or clinical/surgical history
- When you create a NorthShoreConnect account for the first time, previous clinical/surgical history are not immediately available to view in your account.
- Appointment history from the past 10 years is in the new EHR, Epic, but for some patients it is not yet included in Past Appointments and admissions.
- Clinical/surgical information from the past 2 years is in the process of being abstracted. This is a manual process and will be completed as quickly as possible. This information is still available in the previous portal.
At any time you would like information a copy of your medical records will always be available through the Medical Records Department at Swedish Hospital. To request a copy of your medical record, please contact our Medical Records Department at 773-878-8200, ext. 5574.
5. How do I renew a medication?
- Request medication refills through the new portal, NorthShoreConnect.
- Until previous medications are reconciled, they will not appear on the list when you try to renew a prescription. Here is how to request in the meantime:
- Click on Request Renewals under Medications:
- Scroll down to "Other prescriptions you would like renewed", at the bottom of the page:
- Click the check box on the right side
- Enter the name of the medication in the comments box, then click Next.
- On the Pharmacy screen, you can enter your preferred pharmacy and submit the renewal request.
- After the renewal request has been processed by the clinical team, this medication will appear on the NorthShoreConnect medications list.
6. How do I set up Proxy Access for children or adults?
- When you create a NorthShoreConnect account for the first time, any proxy access you had on the previous portal does not automatically transfer to your NorthShoreConnect account.
To request new proxy access please visit the proxy access page in NorthShoreConnect.
7. How can I sign up for NorthShoreConnect?
- During your visit when you provide your email address and cell phone number, we will automatically send you an auto activation link. If that link expires, you can still follow the link to our self registration page.
- If you didn’t receive an email and believe you should have, please call our portal support team to set up.
- Please visit Swedishcovenant.org and select Sign Up/ Log in for NorthShoreConnect