Capacity and Features
In 2018, Swedish Hospital completed an extensive Emergency Department renovation to improve operational efficiency, flexibility and capacity. We are now proud to offer:
- 37 Minute Average Wait Time in 2019
- 40% More Patient Capacity
- 47 Designated Patient Care Areas:
- 27 Acute Care Rooms
- 8 Quick Care Rooms
- 4 Behavioral Health Rooms
- 4 Treatment Recliners
- 3 Triage Rooms
- 1 Private Sexual Assault Nurse Examiner (SANE) Room
Location and Parking
The Emergency Department entrance is located at 2739 West Foster Ave., on the south side of the Foster Ave., just east of California Ave.
Parking for Emergency Department patients and visitors is located just west of the Foster Avenue Emergency Department entrance. Patients and visitors entering other areas of the hospital may park in the parking garage located on California Ave.