James and Suzanne McCormick Montessori Child Care Center
“The role of education is to interest the child profoundly in an external activity to which he will give all of his potential”
- Dr. Maria Montessori
New Student Paperwork>>
We honor our Montessori background and philosophy
- We believe children learn independently and individually
- We encourage curiosity and foster life-long love of learning
- We are present for each individual child
- We model respect and proper behavior
- We provide the best educational experience and maximum learning opportunities for all ages
- We believe that even the youngest child can learn
- We honor diversity, with fairness and equality
- We teach respect for oneself, different people, and our world
We maintain strong health and safety standards
- We create a loving, safe, and caring environment for the children to learn and grow
- We have continuing education and training for our staff, including CPR, First Aid, and Food Management and Sanitation
- We ensure proper ratios of qualified staff in each classroom
- We are aware of nutrition and physical well-being. We strive to serve only organic, healthy meals and snacks, and offer opportunities for physical fitness
- We make an effort to keep our environment clean and sanitized
- We are aware of and knowledgeable about illness containment and prevention
We strive for teamwork and collaboration with the families and other staff members
- We are a resource for families and other staff members on educational theories, ideas, and child development
- We are open to learn from the children, families, and other staff members
- We have long daily hours of operation and flexibility of enrollment
- We provide many opportunities for parents to learn about their child and share “moment of joy” with them. Examples include teacher-parent conferences, parent workshops and family activity nights, open houses, holiday and birthday celebrations, and Summer Camp
- We demonstrate patience and compassion with families, and other staff members
- We offer a comforting proximity for the parents who are employed at Swedish Covenant Hospital
- We hold ourselves accountable and are willing to “follow up” when needed
We have a profound love of children, and honor the fact that we are shaping the future!
Driven by our love of children,
We are a safe, compassionate, nurturing Montessori environment.
We can work as a team to assist children as they grow and learn individually.
We believe we change the world collectively.