The Nurse Midwifery Group at Swedish Covenant Hospital offers the services of certified nurse-midwives, who can help you during childbirth or any other stage of your life. The nurse-midwives' philosophy of care is to empower women by educating you, listening to your concerns and encouraging you to become an active participant in your health care.
Learn more about:
Pregnancy Tests and Medicaid Presumptive Eligibility>>
Risk Factors: The BMI Question>>
Locations and Contact>>
Coordinating Chronic Condition Care Program>>
The Midwife Difference
The board-certified nurse-midwives (CNMs) on staff at Swedish Covenant Hospital empower women to be involved in their health care through education, communication and a strong relationship. Specializing in pregnancy, childbirth, postpartum and well-woman care — our nurse-midwives on staff pride themselves on being your partner through it all.
Certified nurse-midwives are:
- Specialists in women's health, normal pregnancy, childbirth and postpartum care.
- Registered advanced practice nurses with specific training in obstetrics and gynecology.
- Certified (accredited) by the American College of Nurse-midwives after passing a thorough board examination.
- Educated professionals who work alongside physicians in a variety of settings, primarily hospitals and clinics.
- Focused on informed consent regarding your health care and catering to your specific needs.
At Swedish Covenant Hospital, we are proud to support a group practice of nurse-midwives, who work in conjunction with board-certified obstetricians, to provide you with personalized care and education. They see patients in a group office and deliver babies in our state-of-the-art facility, the Family Birthing Center
The nurse-midwifery group at Swedish Covenant Hospital prides itself on developing a partnership with you through a holistic approach to your health and open communication. By treating you as a partner in your health — whether that's the birth of your child or routine women's health care — nurse-midwives foster a supportive and empowering atmosphere.
- Prenatal Care
- Annual exams
- Family planning
- Free pregnancy tests
To learn more about nurse-midwives and services they offer, watch this video produced by the National College of Nurse-Midwives.
To learn more about Swedish Covenant Hospital's midwifery services, email midwives@SwedishCovenant.org,
or fill out our midwifery inquiry form