Swedish Covenant Hospital is located at the intersection of Foster Avenue and California Avenue in Chicago.
5140 N. California Ave.
Chicago, IL 60625
Emergency Room Address:
2739 W. Foster Ave.
Chicago, IL 60625
Swedish Covenant Hospital offers transportation for patients, within designated boundaries, who have no other means of transportation to the hospital campus for outpatient services. Transportation is available at a nominal fee, by appointment with a 48-hour minimum notice and is subject to availability. To make arrangements, contact the department in which you have an appointment.
Read more about our courtesy van>>
• The Chicago Transit Authority (CTA) bus route #92 Foster runs along Foster Avenue past the hospital. Get off at California Avenue to reach the hospital Main Entrance.
• The CTA bus route #93 North California runs along California Avenue past the hospital. Get off at Foster Avenue to reach the hospital Main Entrance.
• From the CTA Brown Line train Kimball station, you may transfer to bus route #93 North California at the station. Get off at Foster Avenue to reach the hospital Main Entrance.
• From the CTA Red Line train Berwyn station, you may transfer to bus route #92 Foster at the station. Get off at California Avenue to reach the hospital Main Entrance.
• From the Metra Union Pacific North Line, get off at the Ravenswood station (Lawrence Avenue). Take the westbound #81 Lawrence bus, and get off at California Avenue. From there, walk six blocks north towards Foster Avenue. The hospital is located at the corner of Foster and California.
For additional public transportation information, call the Regional Transportation Authority (RTA) at 312-836-7000 or visit RTAChicago.com.
A taxi ride from downtown will cost approximately $25.