Community Outreach and Partnerships
We are proud to give back to our community in tangible ways, including:
- $6.5+ million to charity care and discounts for uninsured patients in FY 2017.
- $3.9+ million for community benefit in 2017.
- 200+ wellness programs annually, including support groups, prenatal classes, health lectures and cancer screenings, most of which are free.
- Free counseling services and application assistance regarding state-sponsored insurance programs, including AllKids, FamilyCare, Moms and Babies and senior Health Insurance Program (SHIP).
- Free on-site assistance for individuals enrolling in the Illinois Health Insurance Marketplace.
Programs and Services
We are proud to partner with more than 50 organizations throughout the community and are committed to improving the health and wellness of our neighbors through these collaborative relationships. Key onsite partners include:
Learn more about our community partners>>
- Lurie Children's pediatric hospitalists are always on campus, neonatologists round daily and are on call 24/7 and specialists are in our pediatric practice.
- Erie Family Health Center provides health services for those in need as an Federally Qualified Health Center and serves as the clinical training site for Swedish Covenant Hospital family medicine and internal medicine residency programs.
- Lutheran Social Services of Illinois provides mental health and substance abuse treatment via the Welcoming Center and Project Impact.
Community Health Needs Assessment
Swedish Covenant Health regularly studies the health needs of our local community and identifies opportunities for improvement through collaboration and partnership.
View results from our most recent Community Health Needs Assessment>>
View our Community Health Needs Assessment Implementation Strategy>>
Director of Community Relations