Visiting Hours and Guidelines
Swedish Covenant Hospital believes that the presence of family and friends is supportive and essential to our patients' healing process. Our visiting hours are designed to allow family members and friends to visit their loved ones at times that will protect all patients from disruption.
Visitation is welcomed 24-hours, but suggested patient visiting hours are 9 a.m. to 8 p.m., every day.
As a reminder, visitors who are experiencing fever or other flu-like symptoms are discouraged from visiting patients at Swedish Covenant Hospital.
• Illinois Department of Public Health (IDPH) visiting hour guidelines are between the hours of 9 a.m. and 8 p.m. for children under the age of 12.
• For the safety of child visitors, children under the age of 12 must be accompanied and supervised by a responsible adult (other than the patient) at all times. Children left with a patient are considered unsupervised.
• Parents/guardians are required to make certain that their children behave safely in a manner appropriate for the health care setting (no yelling, running, jumping on furniture or any other behavior that poses a safety risk to other patients, visitors and staff members). Hospital staff may ask parents/guardians to monitor their children’s behavior.
• For the wellbeing of the child and patient, infants and children under the age of 12 are discouraged from visiting patients under isolation precautions.
• During a public health incident or during influenza season (October-May), children under the age of 12 are not allowed to visit patients on any hospital unit.
• Children should not be used as interpreters unless the patient is experiencing a highly urgent medical emergency. Interpretive service is available as a courtesy to hospital patients.
We thank you in advance for your cooperation with these guidelines. Your cooperation will help to keep our patients, staff and community healthy.